Gardening During Lockdown
Online planting advice
Is there a part of your garden that needs some love and attention? Send me a photo and I’ll prepare a list of plant suggestions for you, plus advice on where to buy plants online.
How it works:
- Take a photo of the bed or border you’d like advice on
- Email the photo and your contact phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’ll contact you to arrange a time for a phone consultation
- After the consultation, I’ll send you a list of up to 10 plant suggestions, plus tips on where to buy your plants and other garden essentials online
Cost: £30 per consultation.
For clients who are looking for advice about what to do with their garden, but don’t want a full design or planting plan, a consultancy visit can be the solution. The visit typically lasts between two to three hours, depending on the size of the garden, and is followed by a written report giving advice on layout and planting.
Do your borders need a makeover? Whether it’s a new look you’re after or a solution to that spot where nothing will grow, I’ll produce a detailed planting plan for you to suit both the site requirements and your budget. I can also source the plants for you and arrange for them to be planted.
A full design covers all aspects of the garden, including planting plans, design of hard landscaping and even selection of garden furniture if desired. Each design project goes through the following stages:
- I hold an initial meeting with the client to establish the brief for the design, covering points such as the overall look that the client wants, how the garden will be used, and the available budget.
- I carry out or arrange for site surveys, to establish a base plan for the design.
- Using the site survey information, I then develop a concept design for review with the client.
- Once the concept plan has been agreed, I draw up detailed design and planting plans.
- If desired, I can also manage the tendering process, assist the client in choosing a contractor and monitor the works during construction.
The extent of the design service required can be tailored to the individual needs of each client.
To help you to keep your garden looking at its best all year round, I can provide plant care and maintenance schedules with guidance on pruning, feeding and other useful tips.